Business Studies is an option at GCSE Level, and at AS and A-Levels, following the AQA syllabus. A half course in Personal Economics is also offered at GCSE.
Students participate in a range of activities, including...
- The award winning Sim Venture software for simulating the setting up of a business.
- The BP oil trading game.
- Visits to the All England Lawn Tennis Club – marketing mix activity.
- Visits to Jaguar cars in West Bromwich – learn production techniques.
- Visiting Sutton High Street to assess mission statements and to classify businesses.
- Food tasting to assess the quality of branded vs. own-brand products.
- Making paper-chains to simulate a production line.
The Business Studies Department has developed close links with local businesses through its close liaison with Sutton Education Business Partnership and its award-winning Young Enterprise teams.