Physics is the science of matter and energy and the interaction between the two.
To find out more about how the subject is taught at various levels, click on one of the links below:
All students in Physics are assessed in the following skill areas:
- Their understanding of the subject and their ability to explain ideas
- Their use of formulae
- Their ability to understand and apply units
- Their grasp of scientific vocabulary
- Their understanding of how the process of science works
- Their ability to plot and interpret graphs
These strands run through every physics module that is taught, from Year 7 to Year 13, and students are graded according the criteria here. To improve in a given area, here are some useful tips.
More useful links can be found on the SGS Physics website.
The Physics Links page contains web sites covering the latest news, views, reference material and educational animations.
The Physics Department staff are:
- Mr J Costello BSc (Head of Faculty & Director of STEM)
- Dr T Bass BSc MSc Phd
- Mr O James BEng
- Mr A Marsh BSc
- Mr R Turner BEd (Head of Physics)
- Mr Z Zakrzewski
- Mrs R Olatunji BSc (Technician)